|All build packages||Size||Date|
|managingnews-1.2.zip MD5 62842e781d79f7e692cb9f42bda08778||9.23 MB||August 29 2011|
|managingnews-1.1.zip MD5 534f214d849f16e229f76e01870cc725||9.16 MB||August 29 2011|
|managingnews-1.0-beta9.zip MD5 17c89ad2f8b87ae68d34cfac04488e84||8.64 MB||August 29 2011|
|managingnews-1.0-beta5.zip MD5 085aa375faec3f924e68b03158f7624d||12.85 MB||August 29 2011|
|managingnews-1.0-beta7.zip MD5 1e647f235d7c5a5347450e3f4314b432||5.78 MB||August 29 2011|
|managingnews-1.1-beta2.zip MD5 f3834897ee20147bbb9ee3e95f654976||9.20 MB||August 29 2011|
|managingnews-1.0-beta6.zip MD5 4439a38795cb5e6eea3fc65f1d9d5d3a||12.94 MB||August 29 2011|
|managingnews-1.0-beta10.zip MD5 313cd02f4d9d3394c4ded1d91345b332||8.65 MB||August 29 2011|
|managingnews-1.0-beta8.zip MD5 fb931421dcfea4231305698f1d617c68||5.78 MB||August 29 2011|
Managing News is developed and tested on a typical Drupal server environment. If your system meets these requirements you should be able to run MN successfully:
- Apache (with mod_rewrite for clean urls)
- MySQL 5
- PHP 5.2 (32MB memory limit / 30+ second max execution time)
In addition, using a PHP opcode cache like xcache is highly recommended.
Managing News aims to support
- Firefox 2+
- Safari 3+
- Internet Explorer 7+
Installation & setup
Please follow the Drupal installation guide but choose the Managing News profile rather than the default Drupal install profile when you are prompted during the installer.
- Make sure that you have set up your files directory with the proper permissions
- Make sure you set up cron and have it running at a fairly low interval (5 minutes) to ensure your feeds are checked regularly and your data is fully processed
This intro screencast will walk you through the initial setup and usage of Managing News after it has been installed.
Upgrade from previous versions
This example assumes the following setup:
- An existing installation of Managing News in a directory called mn-beta-1/.
- There is a single Managing News installation, it is configured in mn/sites/defaults/.
- A symbolic link mn points to mn-beta-1/ so that http://example.com/mn serves up the Managing News site.
- Managing News is to be upgraded to a new version beta 2.
For the above setup, follow these steps to upgrade:
- Unpack tarball to new directory mn-beta-2/.
- Copy the mn-beta-1/sites/default/ directory to mn-beta-2/sites/default/.
- Set the existing Managing News site to maintenance mode, suspend cron scheduling.
- Create a copy of the Managing News database.
- Configure mn-beta-2/sites/default/settings.php to point at the database created in 3.
- Run update.php on the new site.
- Test, verify full functionality.
- Switch your symbolic link mn to point to mn-beta-2/.